Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30 Letter

Well... Here goes nothing, eh?

Ha, I really couldn't have asked for a better last week. Monday night
we spent with Dan. Tuesday we saw Barbie, and just happened across
three other people we hadn't seen in a while while walking around,
then we spent the evening with the Lonsberrys. Wednesday we saw Randy
and had the evening with the Larsons (quads included this time!).
Thursday we taught Trevor, Sis Schumaker, and the Walkers. Friday we
taught Ileana. Saturday we went tracting one last time and had quite
the experience--three doors, three people talked to, a full 30-40
minute lesson after being invited inside, and two new investigators!
Sunday we visited Michael in prison, Sally, and had dinner with the
Footes. It really was all perfect.

It is weird to think of a mission as ending. Elder Russon and I were
talking yesterday, and I decided that I disagree with the usual
sentiment that my mission "went fast." It's not so much that my
mission seemed to go by in a blink, but more like it's been 21 years
long--as though it's just been my whole life. And so it's not so much
that it is ending "already," but that it is ending at all. I don't
know what to really make of it.

But, what can you do? Haha I've compared it to leaving on a mission in
the first place, where the difference is that I had a choice whether
to go on a mission or not, as opposed to now. Originally, I didn't
like the current circumstances. But now, I think it is a good thing
that I don't have to deal with any stresses of what to do... It's
happening, so might as well roll with it haha.

Well, I know this is short, but I have stuff to do today, and I'll see
you soon, anyways!

I love you, but I don't miss you (quite yet),
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment