Sunday, July 15, 2012

Letter #1

Bracken sent an actual letter to our parents this week, here are the highlights he wanted me to make sure and share with you all :)


* I'm a solid 4 inches shorter than the next shorter Elder in the district, so that's weird, but what can you do?
 
* It is weird how age works here. We might all be 19, but I swear the Elders who have been here for two weeks seem a year older than us and our zone leaders seem like returned missionaries. Meanwhile, there's little Bracky trying to catch up.
 
* Oh and I realized I never did explain how we went from 10 to 9 in our district! Literally the morning after our first night, an Elder got in his P-Day clothes and hopped the fence! It's pretty sad though. This was his second time trying, and his twin brother is already in the field. He never really explained why he was unhappy here.
 
* Also, I found those scriptures I was refferring to. 1 Cor. 13:1-3 is Paul saying, 

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.


And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

Accompany that with D&C 8:2: 
Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart.

So, essentially, my job is to love people so that the Holy Ghost can help me out.
 
* Our first night here, the MTC Presidency spoke to us. I hardly remember what they said, aside from explaining how to get to the cafeteria, but I will long remember us opening with singing The Army of Helaman. As if 300 missionaries singing that song wasn't powerful on it's own, they tweaked it. We sang the chorus: "We are as the Army of Helaman; we have been taught in our youth. And we are NOW the Lord's Missionaries, to bring the world his truth."


In case you aren't familiar with this song, I've included a video of missionaries in England singing it 
- Megan





No comments:

Post a Comment